Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in Yarra Junction
We understand ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
Our practice offers emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, immediately seek the opinion of an optometrist to lessen the risk of hurting your vision.
Please call us for further instructions.
Use your best judgment. If you feel your vision issue is urgent, do not delay treatment and make sure to visit your nearest emergency department.
Eye Safety – Safety Eyewear – Eye Injury Prevention
This short video stresses the importance of understanding the hazards at home and the workplace regarding your eyes. In this short video, we review actual incidents where people lost part or all of their vision and discuss cases where vision was saved by safety eyewear.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
- New or worsening swelling or pain after eye surgery
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
DO call our practice for further instructions. We’re here to help you feel and see great!